Gillette Fusion Proglide: Gillette was founded by the multi-talented author, inventor, and businessman, King Camp Gillette in 1901 as the American Safety Razor Company. By innovating the pre-existing Safety Razor to have disposable razorblades, Gillette produced a product the public wanted and was desirable for business interests.
The company’s product was nothing short of a revolution, both for business and the public. Gillette sold the razor holders as a loss leader, selling them for less than the production cost, while he made a profit on the disposable blades. Within 15 years of the company’s existence Gillette had sold almost half a million holders and 70 million blades.
Gillette developed into a titan of the Shaving Industry during the 20th century, with the development of more than 10 revolutionary designs of razors. As the turn of the century came and went, Gillette became a part of the Procter & Gamble Co., in 2005. As a business unit of a large corporation the company also wanted to produce a greater larger product, the Gillette Fusion Razor was soon on its way.
Only one year after the company’s merger the Gillette Fusion Razor was unveiled.
Enter Gillette Fusion Proglide!
Building on the breakthrough technology in Gillette Fusion, Gillette Fusion ProGlide incorporates a series of unique technologies that address critical areas for a better shave and deliver incredible comfort and performance:
1. Re-engineered Low Cutting Force Blades with 15% thinner, finer edges and our advanced low-resistance coating enabling the blades to cut effortlessly through hair with less tug and pull.
2. A Blade Stabilizer to maintain optimal blade spacing for comfort while allowing the blades to adjust to the contours of a man’s face.
3. A streamlined Snowplow Comfort Guard which channels excess shave prep to help maintain optimal blade contact, stretching the skin for a close, comfortable shave.
4. An Enhanced Lubrastrip, 25% larger than before, infused with mineral oil and lubricating polymers, enabling the razor to move smoothly over skin even on repeat strokes.
5. An improved Precision Trimmer including an enhanced blade, a comb guard to better align long hairs, and new rinse-through slots.
6. A Redesigned Handle with bigger, more ergonomic grips for better control, enhanced weight and balancing and improved transition between front and back shaving surfaces.
7. An innovative Microcomb, exclusively on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power, that helps guide hair to the blade.